Art & Events

Art Installations

Bring an art installation or bring the materials to host an interactive art workshop on site. Schedule an art burn with the ECs, register a mutant vehicle with the DMV, play a set at a sound camp, juggle, tumble, spin fire, act as a traveling bard -many, many types of art are embraced at InterFuse.

If your art will be burned if it requires significant land alteration (such as holes for posts), you must pre-register and receive EC approval.

All flame effects must be inspected by the FAST team. If your art, mutant vechilcle, or camp uses flame effects please register using the form below

Register burnable art and Flame effects here!

Art Grants

Art grants are available for InterFuse. Visit the art grants page for more information.

Art Cars

Art Cars (and infrastructure vehicles) are the only vehicles that may cruise the roads during the event. You may drive your Art Car around to your heart’s content, but you must drive NO FASTER THAN 5 MPH.

What qualifies as an Art Car? Your art car must meet two of the following criteria:

Artistic – The vehicle has been modified or designed in a specific way to make an artistic statement or to be visually stimulating. Modifications of this type do not need to be permanent. Examples of this type of modification would be an artistic paint job, addition of unusual elements to the vehicle, or fancy lights.

 Modification – The vehicle must be radically altered from its original state. Modifications of this type are permanent or pseudo-permanent. The vehicle will not be recognizable as its original base vehicle. Items placed on a vehicle as decoration do not qualify for this requirement.
Transportation – The vehicle can transport the driver and a minimum of 5 other passengers safely. The vehicle has a specific task of transporting participants during the event, not simply transporting friends and family.
Service – The vehicle is providing a service to the community. This includes, but is not limited to, providing mobile sound, dispensing a food or product, or other services that give back to the community.

All Art Cars must be approved by the Parking lead. Send an email to to get started. And remember – if the roads are closed (due to an emergency, weather, etc.), you must park your Art Car.

All art cars must be registered with the DMV. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER YOUR VEHICLE WITH THE DMV!


Take inspiration from the theme or go in a completely different direction. Create an art gallery, lead a parade, play carnival games, serve custom cocktails – let your imagination run free and see what you come up with.

The schedule of events, or front gate handout (FGH) (currently being worked on) is one of the most visited parts of the website. Burners love to gather, so if you have an idea for an event, throw it out there and give us a reason to congregate (not that we need one, but it’s more fun that way).

Register your camp’s event for the Front Gate Handout HERE

Want to better plan your event’s timing?

IF’17 collaborative event planning calendar

Event Handouts & Interfuse Map

Front Gate Handout

Passport single sided

Passport double sided

Right click and “save image as” if you want to download a copy of the map for printing.